Great graphics and an attractive payout ratio make Book of Dead a very popular slot game. We took a closer look at the adventure in Egypt and introduce you to the Book of Dead!
The game principle in the Book of Dead works in a very classic way: on five reels and three rows there are ten win lines that can bring you gold coins. If there are at least three identical symbols (or two special symbols) on one of the paylines, you have won.
The minimum bet is 0.01 cents per spin, so the game is also well suited for beginners who want to familiarize themselves with the game first. This so-called coin value can be increased up to 1 $. For each bet, the number of coins wagered can also be increased up to five. In addition, you can specify the number of paylines you want to play with, which also increases the stake. If you activate all ten paylines, your chances increase, but the stake increases accordingly. This results in a maximum bet of 50 $ per spin.
The mystical Book of Dead symbols
Iridescent scarabs, golden pharaohs and Egyptian deities: The symbols in Book of Dead take up the game’s theme in a very attractive way and take you back to ancient Egypt. Gamblers cannot win big with the basic symbols, but the special symbols turn out to be real gold pits and can already give you big winnings in the regular game. In the following overview we took a closer look at the symbols in the Book of Dead for you:
The basic symbols of the game are the classic letters as you know them from card games: A, K, Q and J as well as the number 10. If at least three of these symbols appear on one of the win lines, a win is played. The more of these symbols are revealed in a row, the higher the win.
The special symbols in the Book of Dead are particularly interesting for players. With a little luck, you can really clear away here.
You can earn between five and 750 gold coins for the Anubis symbol and the scarab. The pharaoh even pays out between five and 2,000 coins. You can get hold of most of the coins yourself with the hero of the game: it rains between ten and 5,000 gold coins when Rick Wilde appears on the reels. Since with the special symbols it is even enough to reveal only two symbols next to each other, the chance of winning is of course correspondingly high.
Anyone who discovers the eponymous Book of the Dead on the reels can look forward to it. The bonus symbol acts as a wild and a scatter at the same time. It replaces any symbol and can form a winning combination. It is also paid out in any position.
Not only is the Book of the Dead a helpful wild card, it can even give you ten Book of Dead Free Spins if three or more books appear on the reels. In the free game, a randomly selected symbol turns into an expanding symbol that covers the entire reel. The free spin rounds are particularly attractive for high rollers. You can win a whopping 250,000 coins here!
Odds of winning
Even if the Book of Dead is a rather small slot, the jackpot of 250,000 $ is also quite interesting for high rollers. Overall, the payout rate is over 95 percent, which can be described as a very good value. This means that the RTP is even one percentage point higher than that of the classic game and role model Book of Ra.
The five best tips for Book of Dead
- Don’t get too offensive: The game principle is simple and motivates you to take risky stakes. As with any slot, you shouldn’t risk too much with the Book of Dead. Beginners in particular tend to have high spirits and then get nothing.
- Bankroll Management: No matter how tempting it is: keep an eye on your balance and use it carefully. Experience has shown that you should never use more than a tenth of your bankroll on the slot and adjust your bet for each spin. We recommend that you end the game at the latest when you have gambled away a third of your bankroll. Do not be tempted to use more on a losing streak in order to win. A short break helps here, after which you can get back in with a cool head.
- Use bonuses: Practice makes perfect and how can you practice better than with free free spins. Use the free spins of the online casinos to get a feel for the machine. This way you get to know the winning combinations better.
- Deactivating autoplay: The autoplay mode is useful because it tends to let the game run until your credit is exhausted and you can play the game at the same time. However, this also harbors risks and can lead to you literally only playing in the autopilot. In addition, you are denied the risk option with this variant, which can be worthwhile. You should also play these carefully, because there is always the risk of losing the entire winnings.
- Use paylines cleverly: You increase your chances if you use the ten paylines in Book of Dead strategically. Activate as many of the lines as possible, but keep the stakes low. That way you have a good chance, but don’t spend too much money on a spin.
Book of Dead: The design beats its predecessor
Critics accuse Book of Dead of the similarity to the popular game Book of Ra. In any case, it cannot be denied that the slot classic clearly served as a model. Nevertheless, Book of Dead can clearly outperform its predecessor, especially in terms of optics. The game about Rich Wilde was programmed with great attention to detail, the symbols are colorful and beautifully designed. Fade-ins and the rotations of the rollers are also implemented in an appealing way. The general theme around ancient Egypt was consistently included, so that a great feeling of play arises.
Even if the Book of Dead is almost a copy of the classic Book of Ra, the makers of Play’n GO have done everything right here. Book of Dead combines the fun of its predecessor with the most modern design and flawless graphics. The RTP on Book of Dead also convinces with a great 96.21 percent. With this slot machine, the payout ratio is clearly user-friendly.
Our recommendation is: Discover the hidden treasures and mystical symbols in this exciting casino slot!